I believe art is meant to be seen, shared and not hoarded from the world. So my licensing policies are designed to balance the costs of producing and distributing the images with the hope that they may inspire people around the world. The basic idea is that for non-commercial use (you aren’t making money from it) you are free to use my images however you want, so long as you give me a link back to ClintLosee.com. Nice idea isn’t it? Otherwise, additional licencing is required for commercial use.
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial
With Creative Commons you are free to:
- To Share: Copy, Distribute and Transmit the image
- To Remix: Create derivative works of the image
Under these conditions:
- Attribution: Attribution to Clint Losee and ClintLosee.com must be included with the image.
- Non-Commercial: The image may not be used for any commerical purposes under any circumstances. See examples of acceptable use below.
Samples of acceptable use of Creative Commons License
- Website for a school project about the future of digital photography
- Blog post about the Wasatch Mountains
- Online article discussing the growing popularity of HDR photography
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor
License to Rights Managed
“Commercial Use” regarding the use of images online or offline is defined very broadly. The determination of commercial or non-commercial use is based on the contextual use of the image. The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of my images is allowed only if expressly granted by Clint Losee. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. I will not accept links or attribution in exchange for commercial use. My fees are based fairly on the following criteria:
- Media – TV, web, internet, etc.
- Distribution – number of copies printed, audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Duration Use – month, year, etc.
- Prominence – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
Sample Uses Requiring License to Rights Managed
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity
- Website about fly fishing that wants to use an image
- TV commerical for fund-raising campaign for a not for profit entity
- Individual print for use in a private home
All licensing inquires should be sent to clint[at]clintlosee.com
Unless specified, all images contained on this site by Clint Losee are licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License